Graduate Teaching Assistant
Have you recently finished your degree and ready to begin your career in education?
Are you ready to contribute to the priceless joys of seeing learners progress?
Then look no further,
Step Into Teaching are currently searching for fantastic graduates who are interested in Teaching Assistant roles to enhance and support the learning of students in the new academic year. We are an experience programme offering graduates the opportunity to gain classroom experience and build fantastic relationships with our schools, and in long-term lay the essential foundations for a successful career in teaching. So, if you have been considering teaching in the future, but wanted experience before committing to teacher training, then we can help you!
Within this role, you will be expected to support the teaching staff in enabling the pupils to gain their independence, participate fully in the curriculum and the general life of the school. You are expected to support pupils in reaching their full potential and engage in opportunities. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, ambitious, and dynamic to be part of a dedicated, pupil-centred, and forward-thinking staff team.
We are currently working with secondary schools in Kenninghall, Norfolk. The positions will start in September and work for the full academic year until July 2024. Within this time-period, you would be placed in one school in a full-time position working Monday-Friday. With a pay rate of £20,904 - £23,400 - Pro rata - Term time only.
The ideal graduate will:
- Predicted/Hold a degree (2:2 or above)
- Be supportive, friendly, and approachable.
- Be resilient and motivated to support and inspire students to reach their full potential and strive to achieve excellence.
- Hold experience working with young people (preferable, but not essential)
- Able to reliably commute into Kenninghall, Norfolk.
- Have a creative and reflective mindset within the classroom.
- Be able to deliver well-structured support sessions confidently to individuals.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
What you will gain from this role:
- The ability to establish a warm, caring, and supportive relationship with pupils to support them and gain valuable 1-1 experience. This experience will allow you to gain insight into what the day-to-day classroom environment is like, and insight into the role of a teacher.
- The confidence to promote and encourage personal development in pupils, whilst maintaining high expectations of behaviour.
- The proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team.
- The invaluable skills and beneficial knowledge needed before completing teacher training qualifications.
- At the end of the placement, there is then the potential that you could be offered a permanent role within one of our schools or guidance into the next steps of training.
Are you ready to be the support you once needed? Let's begin to shape the world of tomorrow together…
How to apply:
If you're interested, please click 'Apply' below to indicate your interest and import your CV to Rachel @ Step Into teaching. We will discuss current opportunities and explore other potential career options for you!
***Step into Teaching is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure and Barring Service check***
£20,904 - £23,400 - Pro rata - Term time only
Saturday 30th September
How to apply
Fill in your details below, including your CV and covering letter, and we'll be in touch to discuss your application.