Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about supporting students and their needs?
Are you looking to gain classroom experience as a Teaching Assistant?
Job title: Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant
School: Secondary School
Salary: £410- £450 weekly – Term Time Only!
Job type: Full time role (Monday - Friday)
Starting date: November 2023
Step into Teaching have partnered with a lovely secondary school based in Alfreton who are seeking Teaching Assistants to work with their SEN students. The school is very warm, welcoming and friendly in addition to providing a safe, inclusive environment for all students to feel valued and make outstanding progress in their learning. The headteacher needs someone who is confident and passionate about working with children with different needs and will help students reach their full potential.
- Hold a Psychology degree (2:2 or above)
- Have good subject knowledge within English Maths and Science (GCSE A* - C)
- Have experience working with SEN children (preferred not essential)
- Interested in a career in Educational Psychology/Clinical Psychology/Teaching
- Be passionate about supporting children with their learning
- Be able to keep children engaged and motivated
- Be enthusiastic, friendly and approachable
- Have a commitment to inclusion and equal opportunities
- Be prepared to work in a busy, changeable environment where everyone pitches in
- Be able to work effectively in a team
Key responsibilities within the role:
- Assisting students with their learning development, on an individual and group basis
- Run intervention sessions with small groups outside of the classroom
- Providing support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Work alongside classroom teachers to be that extra support during lessons
- Have the highest expectation that every student will make sustained academic and personal progress
Does this sound like a role you're interested in? If yes, apply today!
How to apply:
Click 'Apply' and email your CV to Step into Teaching. This role requires a DBS check.
*Step into teaching is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and Barring service check*
£20,800.00 - £23,100.00 per year pro rata Term time only
How to apply
Fill in your details below, including your CV and covering letter, and we'll be in touch to discuss your application.