English Graduate Teaching Assistant
Are you an English graduate who aspires to share your knowledge and promote students to strive to achieve excellence?
Are you interested in teaching in the future but feel as if you need some experience before completing teacher training?
Then look no further, Step into Teaching are here to help you!
Who are Step into Teaching?
We are a pre teacher training programme that is designed to support and encourage graduates alike yourself to choose teaching. We will provide you with one years' worth of practical school-based experience that is essential foundation for a long-lasting successful career in teaching. This experience will allow you to qualify for teacher training in the future but also this will give you insight into whether teaching is for you.
What can we offer?
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to work within a secondary school based in Alfreton as an English Teaching Assistant. We are keen to recruit a handful of graduates that are keen to gain some experience with an eye for becoming a English teacher.
For this role, the ideal graduate will:
- Hold a degree in English or related with a 2:2 or above.
- Be supportive, friendly, and approachable
- Be resilient and motivated to support and inspire students to reach their full potential and achieve excellence.
- Be able to take direction and take initiative when required
- Hold excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a creative and reflective mindset within the classroom
- Be able to deliver well-structured support sessions to individuals and prepare classroom materials
- Secondary school in Alfreton
- Full-time role: Monday - Friday
- Start Date: ASAP- July 2024
- £410 - £450 per week – term time only
- Make a difference every day and help change a child's life
- Opportunity to continue on a direct route September 2024
So are you ready to contribute to shaping the world of tomorrow?
How to apply:
Click 'Apply' below to generate your interest and import your CV to Luke @ Step into Teaching. This role requires a DBS check.
£20,800.00 - £23,100.00 per year pro rata Term time only
How to apply
Fill in your details below, including your CV and covering letter, and we'll be in touch to discuss your application.