SEN/SEMH Teaching Assistant
If the answer is yes look no further…
Gain invaluable classroom experience while doing a rewarding role that allows you to develop your skills and learn new things!
We have partnered with a fabulous PRU in Tooting. This school is passionate about helping its learners be the best they can be.
A number of this school's students have special education needs (SEN) so they have a high educational needs hub to offer further support. As a Teaching Assistant, your role is pivotal in creating a positive school experience so these students can thrive and reach their goals.
Your day-to-day will include supporting within the classroom and holding 1:1/group sessions where you will support these students with their learning and social emotional and mental health needs (SEMH).
Our pre-teacher training programme would love to support you in your teaching journey. Working with us will allow you to gain long-term classroom experience within one school which will aid you in deciding if a career within teaching is for you. You'll receive support throughout your role from the school and our programme so that you can flourish.
What To Expect From This Fantastic Opportunity:
- Work within a PRU in Tooting
- Support children with SEN aged 11-16 from day one
- £475 - £525 per week (term time only)
- Full-time…No weekends
- Learn something new while being supported by experienced teachers
- Gain invaluable classroom experience to help you decide if teaching is for you
What We Are Looking For:
- Hold a completed bachelor's degree (minimum 2:2 ideally in Psychology)
- Able to build positive relationships with secondary school-aged children
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and helping others
- Empathetic individual who's able to motivate others
- Previous experience supporting individuals with SEN (preferred but not essential)
- Passionate about making a difference to children's lives
If this sounds like you I'd love to hear from you!
TO APPLY: Click 'Apply' or email your CV to email@example.com
Step into Teaching is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Tooting, Greater London
£22,800 - £25,200
Saturday 30th December
How to apply
Fill in your details below, including your CV and covering letter, and we'll be in touch to discuss your application.