SEN/SEMH Teaching Assistant
We have partnered with a fabulous catholic secondary school in Blackpool. This school prides itself on creating a caring, family environment for its staff and students.
As SEN/SEMH Teaching Assistant you'll be working with students who need extra support in order to learn. Many of these students need help with writing, numeracy, and communication along with other things. Through a bespoke curriculum, you'll be able to support these students not only with their learning but with their social-emotional mental health needs too.
Working within the learning support department can be challenging at times however it's an extremely rewarding role with the chance for you to make a lasting impact on student's lives. This is also a great opportunity for you to develop your skills while gaining invaluable classroom experience which can help you decide if teaching is the best career path for you.
What To Expect From This Opportunity:
- Full-time: Monday – Friday
- £401 - £430 per week, term time only
- Support students from a variety of backgrounds from day one
- Develop your own skills whilst being supported by experienced teachers
- Build strong relationships with students ages 11-16
- Encourage students to have high ambitions and support them in achieving this
What We Are Looking For:
- An empathetic, caring induvial with a passion for helping others
- Dedicated to creating an inclusive environment whilst being able to celebrate diversity
- Bachelor's degree ideally in psychology or a related subject (2:2 and above)
- Good behaviour management skills
- A positive outlook with a can-do attitude
- Experience working with SEN individuals or Educational Health Care Plan individuals (preferred but not essential)
If this sounds like you, I would love to hear from you!
£20,852 - £22,360
Friday 1st December
How to apply
Fill in your details below, including your CV and covering letter, and we'll be in touch to discuss your application.